United States, St. Louis, MO, Henkel Consumer Brands
Mechanical Stationary Engineer
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Stationary Engineer – Henkel St. Louis’s Sulfonation Department manufactures surfactants via chemical processes.
- Tues - Fri 11:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m.: Sat 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. A crew.
- Overtime up to 60 total hours/week is possible.
- The individual in this role will demonstrate ownership and responsibility on various result systems contributing to operational and organizational improvement.
- The result systems will consist of specific projects, accountabilities and improvement efforts that will continually evolve and change as progress is made and new opportunities arise.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Examples of result systems may include but are not limited to:
- Project Development & Execution Emergency Work Orders
- Work Order Analysis Failures Developing specific equipment expertise and mentoring others (train the trainer)
- Facilities OEE/MOEE
- Documentation (mechanical, schematics, work instructions, etc.)
- PM’s development & implementation
- Maintenance Shop 5S Scheduling Spare Parts Safety & Housekeeping
- Administrative Systems (coordinate daily / weekly crewing, overtime scheduling, vacation scheduling, etc.)
- Communication Systems (tie-in meetings, review trend analysis data, coordinate problem solving/ troubleshooting meetings)
- Other system work as required; the role requires exceptional communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Operate, control, and regulate boiler operation, and troubleshoot boiler and boiler auxiliary problems.
- Troubleshoot boiler and boiler auxiliary problems
- Proper preventative maintenance activities including oil and greasing of machinery, water treatment on boilers and cooling towers, and fire sprinkler system inspection and repair.
- Facility upkeep of the plant buildings associated grounds maintenance, HVAC Systems, Fire Protection Systems and plant wide Utility Systems. Will also be required to support and assist the Facilities Electrician when the nature of work requires help which does not rely on extensive electrical training.
- The successful candidate will be able to troubleshoot and repair all plant equipment and analyze and determine proper corrective action to resolve mechanical problems on any plant equipment using available resources.
- The successful candidate will be expected to answer line calls as necessary, perform scheduled and preventative maintenance work and ensure effective tie-in meetings occur between shifts.
- Basic computer skills are required for effective communication and documentation.
- Respond to emergency breakdown repairs and install new, or expand existing plant mechanical systems, and be able to identify, prepare, and perform work orders for mechanical repairs, overhauls and improvement efforts.
- Must be able to identify, prepare, and perform work orders for mechanical repairs, overhauls and improvement efforts.
- Define, develop and perform P.M.’s and parts requirements to ensure equipment is in peak operating condition.
- Responsibility to ensure required spare or replacement Your Skills
- Successful candidate must have a minimum of five years satisfactory experience in industrial-type maintenance work or equivalent amount of technical schooling and experience.
- Must possess current Stationary Engineers License – Class 1 for the City of St. Louis.
- Must achieve acceptable scores on Validated Assessment Tests and pass the fork truck and elevator-platform lifts certification test.
- Must be able to pass the fork truck and elevator-platform lifts certification test.
- Must have basic capabilities in the use of hand tools, power tools, welding & machining.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting blueprints, electrical schematics, piping schematics, and mechanical assembly drawings. Must have basic experience with 120V power distribution systems as well as signal, control and communication.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
The hourly rate for this role is $36.31.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular