United States, Buffalo, NY, United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Distribution Supervisor III
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Manages day-to-day activities of a team responsible for moving goods and materials, including developing schedules, methods and routes.
- Analyzes costs, coordinating customs clearances and permits.
- Develops and implements transport and distribution procedures to optimize resources and achieve volume targets.
- Contacts shipping agencies and transport companies.
- Oversees daily operation of Distribution Center and staff while receiving, storing, picking, packing, and shipping Truckload, LTL, and parcel orders.
- Manages and maintains order activity via a warehouse management system.
- Drives continuous improvement throughout department by refining current procedures and/or implementing new procedures supported by data collection and analysis.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and supports a team of Distribution personnel.
- Resolves labor shortages for shipping by coordinating with other department supervisors for additional support.
- Schedule the daily shipments with truckload and less-than-truckload carriers to meet shipping objectives and customer requirements.
- Purchase/order required shipping resources for the department (pallets, packing filler, tape, packing slips, etc.)
- Assign and supervise the daily activities of the Distribution Center; supervise the work of packers in all job responsibilities; perform evaluations and counseling as needed; motivates employees to perform at the highest potential.
- Manage workload to complete necessary work within the month/year to help meet budgeted sales goals.
Ensure customer orders are picked/packed correctly and have proper shipping papers. This will include performing back-orders.
- Responsible for assisting personnel in resolving customer complaints and problems resulting from mis-shipped orders. Many times, this function will require direct communication with customers and arranging special order shipments to resolve these complaints.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness, organization, and security of the shipping area; conduct a nightly check at the shift end to ensure doors are locked and lights are out (as applicable).
- Communicate daily with personnel from Distributor Support, Sales, Marketing, Planning, Warehouse, Manufacturing and customers to expedite and resolve problems relating to customer orders.
- Update procedure and personnel training necessary to maintain ISO 9001 certification.
- Ensure all internal manufacturing requests are fulfilled in a timely fashion.
- Minimum of 2 years of equivalent experience- (Warehouse, shipping, receiving and logistics preferred)
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular