United States, St. Louis, MO, Henkel Consumer Brands
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
The PLC - ECMS provides leadership, direction and support to crew members to optimize planning, scheduling and completion of electrical activities and project execution for the purposes of improving operations reliability results. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate expertise in Allen Bradley PLC Systems, Electrical and Instrumentation Systems and assist the plant electrical engineer in troubleshooting/improvement efforts. Safety is a fundamental aspect of the role and is part of everyone’s responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills, including leading effective tie-in meetings, training and conveying proper skills and techniques to other crew members and effective reinforcement of appropriate work/quality standards with crew members on topics such as safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical instrumentation, and control system hardware and software to support plant production. Analyze and determine proper corrective action to resolve electrical problems.
- Perform preventative maintenance (P.M.’s).
- Respond to emergency breakdown repairs and install new or expand existing plant electrical service in complete accordance with the latest edition of National Electrical Code.
- Extensive knowledge on industrial instrumentation, hardware, and software.
- Proficient at developing skills of electrical and maintenance technicians.
- Good leadership skills
- Union Job
- Willing to work weekend/off shifts and overtime. Hours per week worked not to exceed 60.
- Must have a minimum of five years satisfactory experience in industrial-type PLC programming or equivalent amount of technical schooling and experience.
- Must achieve acceptable scores on Validated Assessment administered by local technical school.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills (communications, teamwork, problem solving, decision making)
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics.
- Must have experience with 24 VDC through 480 VAC power and control systems.
- Must be able to safely use test equipment for troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with 4-20 ma instrument circuits.
- Must be able to bend and hang conduit satisfactorily for minor jobs.
- Must have programming and troubleshooting knowledge of Allen Bradley programmable controllers.
- Must have an understanding of packaging equipment including Case Erectors, Fillers, Case Packers,
- Warehousing equipment, etc.
- Processing equipment understanding a plus.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and other PPE as required and pass pulmonary function test.
- Corrective vision and be able to pass the fork truck and elevator-platform lifts certification test.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
The hourly rate for this role is $40.50.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular